Version 3.0 Downloads
Raspberry Pi or other Debian distro (see installation guide)
Other (zip file)
DerbyNet Changes From v2.0:
New, simplified set-up process
- Unified Set-Up page lets you see just what you need to do.
- Managed database creation means you only have to pick a name.
- Support for alternative databases moved to "Advanced" dialog.
Reorganized home page groups buttons into "Before", "During", and "After" sections.
New award Judging page, including support for ad hoc awards
Per-subgroup standings and awards are now supported, for "everyone races together" events.
Scrolling support for Standings and Please Check In kiosk pages
Check-In page photo improvements:
- Both racer and car photos are supported
- Photos can be uploaded from the check-in page
Support for MiscJunk PDT timer (http://www.miscjunk.org/mj/pg_pdt.html)
DerbyNet Changes From v1.0:
One-Click Install for Windows! A bespoke Uniform Server directory that can
even be run from a flash drive.
Improved kiosk management
- Move kiosk management into a separate kiosk dashboard.
- Individual kiosk displays can now be parameterized:
- The "please check in" display can be restricted to selected groups or
- The "slideshow" display can be restricted to selected groups or subgroups.
New features for working with awards:
- "Import Awards" imports awards from comma-separated files
- "Awards Editor" interactively edits, adds, deletes, and re-orders awards.
- Drag-and-drop interface in Awards Editor for assigning award recipients.
- "Present Awards" page directly controls awards presentation kiosk display for an awards ceremony.
New photo features:
- Added drag-and-drop photo uploading for photo editor pages.
- Added "auto-crop" for photo capture, based on advanced face
Improved timer handling in derby-timer.jar:
- Support for "The Judge" (thanks especially to help from Casper Bucl)
- Support for older FastTrack timers
- Experimental support for NewBold timers
- Detect and recover from lost connection (tripping over a wire) between derby-timer.jar and timer.
- Command line arguments work even when using the GUI.
- Bug fix: now correctly finds serial port names for Linux.
- Updated handling of timer malfunctions and unhealthy conditions.
- derby-timer.jar incorporates both host and timer simulators, for
Support for hosting on a shared server:
- Passed-in environment variable CONFIG_DIR overrides local configuration directory.
- Presence of a settings.lock file disables changing database or photo directories.
- Introduce "non-interactive" roles with limited privilege, to reduce risk of
compromised passwords used for e.g. derby-timer.jar.
- Fixed formatting for modal dialogs to allow scrolling when screen height
or width is too small to display the whole dialog.
- "Set-Up" modal for index page, to declutter the main race coordinator home page.
- Update formatting and click handling for banner: actually center the title!
- Rename internal ajax actions.
- Clean up formatting for standings page selector.
- Combined "Schedule + Race" button in scheduling dialog.
- Better error messages for problems during database set-up.
Debian binary package for Raspberry Pi-based derbynet server.
We're continuing to offer free hosted DerbyNet -- using a web server in
the cloud instead of running on your laptop. If that sounds good to
you, and your event venue has internet access,
please be in touch!
Tell Your Story!
We would love to hear your feedback!
- If you got stuck or had a bad experience with DerbyNet, please tell us about it. Either we can help,
or it'll point us to some work still to be done.
- If you had a good experience with DerbyNet, spread the word! (Tell us, too.)